Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Last Few Months

The last few months have been times of pressing in.  Ok the last year and a half maybe, but the last few months more intense.  I had been praying that the Lord get me and my family ready for what is coming.  Unfortunately, that often means that the flesh must suffer things.  He will go to great lengths to prepare us.  He will allow suffering in the flesh to cause us to be able to walk in fullness of joy in the spirit.  I had gotten sick with that cold that seemed to last forever and was weak and worn out.  I realized that I didn't have any more strength and I was in a good place.  I had some weak days and flesh was screaming out, but His spirit was interceding on my behalf and God was in control and I was out of control.  It doesn't seem like a good place to be, but it really was. Then after that battle, things at home were stretched even farther on all ends of the spectrum. There was an internal fight in me going on and I felt like I was dying at times.  Little did I know, I was.  I was dying to self and living in Him alone.  I kept hearing that this was the dark night of my soul.  I sure hope that doesn't have to happen again.  It was so intense and so horrible at times that I didn't know if I was even a Christian.  How crazy is that??
 So, going through all of these internal and external battles, I did all that I knew to do and stood and when I was done standing, I stood some more.  I read my journals and words that the Lord has spoken to me and claimed everything that HE SAID HE WOULD DO.  I refuse to give up.  There were several times in the last couple of months or so that I REALLY wanted to give up though.  I had to fight through them.  Thankfully, He has me around strong believers who encouraged me to keep my eyes on Him. This is the only way to get through anything.  If we worship with all that we have and keep reminding ourselves of how big our God is, we can make it through ANYTHING.  We shall overcome satan's schemes by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony and by not loving our lives even unto death. 
So anyway, then all of a sudden, in the most intense time, we have a set of tornadoes on a Friday night that swept through our community and hit my sister's house and many many more. Then, while still dealing with the destruction, my brother goes to the Emergency Room with severe headaches that won't go away and they are concerned he might have an aneurism. So, now he is getting tests taken.  Then, the very next week, I get a call and they inform me that my father has been found dead.  It's just been a crazy ride.  It's all an occasion to testify to the goodness of God though.  He is faithful and is going to complete what HE HAS STARTED.  I will cling to HIS HAND and know that there is no other way but JESUS.  HE IS WORTH THE JOURNEY!!!  I have made up in my mind that I will NOT GIVE UP!!! I will keep fighting the good fight of faith and will be victorious in all through the power of the Holy Spirit living in me!!!!
 This has seemed like another Goliath season in my life, but I feel more like David this time around saying "The Lord helped me defeat the Lion and the Bear, WHAT IS THIS to HIM??? I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength"  Though my flesh is weak, the Lord is giving me strength by keeping me in His presence where there is fullness of JOY. 

I will keep moving FORWARD and the only reason I have to look back is to remember all that God has brought me through and has caused me to see victory in my life.  HE HAS DONE IT!!! He will continue until it is complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment