Saturday, December 15, 2012

Devotional today

This morning me and my children were getting ready to leave the house. Mikayla sad because she had to go to her daddy's house today. We began talking about The good things about going and seeing her daddy. We talked about how God is with us in our trials and tribulations and how he gives us peace in the middle of our hard times. We talked about how all things really do work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purposes. I talked to them a little bit about how sometimes when we pull away from God it makes the problems harder to bear. I told them that when we pull away from God in him he is allowed to come and attack us a little bit and that causes us to recognize how much we need God and then we already this morning's devotional:

Use your trials and troubles to draw closer to me. Whenever you start to feel destressed, turn around by talking with me. Let pain and problems remind you of your constant need for me.
Create a collection of brief prayers, such as: help me, Jesus. Fill me with your piece. Show me your way. These requests are spiritual nutrients – so vitamins. The more you use them, the healthier and happier you will be.
When you view troubles in this way – as reminders to draw near me – you can actually rejoice in your trial. Of course, this requires training your mind to move quickly from problem mode to prayer mode. It is crucial to have your arsenal of prayers ready to use. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in your preparations; Helping you form prayers that will flow readily out of your heart.
Practice saying them to me, into your intimately familiar with them. When you encounter trouble of any kind, reach into your arsenal of prayers and speak one or more of them boldly. The enemy will retreat, and I will draw near.

Teach me away, Lord; lead me in the straight path because of my oppressors. – Psalm 27:11

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials. – James 1:2

Therefore Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you – minded. – James 4:7 – eight

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. – Psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment