Monday, December 5, 2011

Trials and Testing

So, I was listening to a podcast by Perry Stone and he was talking about 3 types of testing.  He talked about common testing, seasonal testing, and the Hour of testing.

The common testings were things like tempers, slips of the tongue, and various depressions and such.  Most of us get stuck in these types of tesgings.  We fail often times, but thankfully, we get to take a re-test.  I have taken them often, unfortunately. 

Next, there is a seasonal testing.  These things come after you have been set free from something and it hasn't been a temptation and then all of a sudden, you have such a crazving for these things.  They are things like old habits broken, broken addictions, Sicknesses that come every year at the same time, etc.

Then, we all go through an HOUR of testing.  This is the big one.  This is the wham bam slam of testings.  When things come against you one right after the other.  This is the one that nearly brings you down.  This hour can come upon you when you are at your weakest.  Satan tries to take you out with these. 

The enemy shoots these arrows at you to kill, steal, or destroy your life, but God has given us abundant life.  He has given us major weapons that will help us to not only overcome these testings, but actually get on the offensive end against satan.  In Roman times, the shields would be made out of leather and they would have to soak them in WATER and then rub them with OIL so they could repel the fiery darts from the enemy.  Wow!! How neat is that.  When we are washed by the water of the Word and full of the anointing of the Holy Spirit (oil), we are able to go through these testings and still have joy! We are human and will not always be perfect for sure, but the Lord has not left us weak and defenseless against the enemy of our souls.  He wouldn't be a very loving daddy if that were the case.  No, instead, he has given us a wonderful helper that bears us up when we are in a season of testing.  If we have NOT QUENCHED the Holy Spirit, He quickens our mortal bodies so that we are able to come through refined by the testing and not DESTROYED.  Hallelujah!!! 2 Corinthians 4:8 says "We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair;"  There are COUNTLESS scriptures that give us HOPE that we can get through ANYTHING when we are walking in the Spirit and not after the flesh.  We are to only believe it possible.  ALL THINGS are possible to him who believes.  We need to look up to Him who gives us strength and keep on pressing.  We CAN'T give up!!! We have come too far.  When you have come out of your hour of testing, don't forget those who might be going through theirs and stand in the gap to pray in faith for them.  We should all be united with Jesus when praying for others in their hour's of testing.  I guarantee Jesus isn't praying "Father, don't let them go through pain.  Father, don't let them lose all their worldly "stuff"  No, He is more likely praying Father, keep their faith strong and when they have come through this hour of testing, let them strengthen their brethren in unity against the enemy.  Let this season glorify me in their lives or something to that effect.  :)  I am so thankful that when I am going through "stuff", that Jesus Himself is praying for me.  :)  (Romans 8:34) .

I was less than 4 years old in the Lord when my hour of testing came.  I remember sitting at a service in Cookeville, and the prophet that was speaking came straight to me in a crowd of about 200 people and said "You are getting ready to face Goliath.  You need to get your stones ready"  Ok, now I had no clue what was about to happen, but guess who stuck her face in the scriptures and sought the Lord with everything that she had?  haha.  I did everything I could to get edified and ready for whatever was coming.  I prayed and fasted more than ever.  I didn't really know how to take the word.  Then about a month later, It all started with my 250.00 puppy having seizures and dying.  Then, my brother was sent to IRAQ, my Father got sick and died, I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (which I DON"T HAVE NOW. Thank you Jehovah Rophe), Then, my previous husband, and myself began to have arguments and it became more and more violent until he finally left and wasn't allowed back unless he got help.  I didn't think I would ever have a divorce after I became a Christian.  It was devastating, It stumbled me, but then it wasn't over yet.  My grandma got sick and died.  All this happened within a 2 year period.  I was never really strong before when it came to handling hard things.  I had always been very FRAGILE.  I didn't realize that I could go through all of this and come out stronger than I have ever been.  Through all of this, the Lord held me tight.  I made some stupid mistakes during this time, but I never left the Lord.  I knew that if anyone could help me during all of this, my daddy God could.  Sure enough, even though I didn't handle things the best way, God was faithful and brought me through the fire.  The Water of the Word and the anointing of the Holy Spirit that is on my life was enough!!! Hallelujah!! The Lord gave me a warning before all of this came and I am so greatful.  He has blessed me so dearly.  I have more than I had before I went through my hour of testing.  The Lord is faithful and kind and gracious and altogether LOVELY!!! So, when you are tempted to think of me being a crazy woman who just praises the Lord too much, let me remind you that my "alabastar box" cost me a lot.  I am willing to go through the fire with the Lord if that is what it takes to be able to use me for HIS SERVICE!  :)  Ok, I am getting sleepy so I guess I will wrap this one up.  Have a wonderful evening or day or whatever time you might be reading this.  Just remember, the Lord is faithful and HE IS WORTHY OF SO MUCH PRAISE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment