Monday, December 5, 2011

God orchestrates our footsteps (sometimes we are unaware)

I love the way that God orchestrates our footsteps even when we are unaware at times.  He sets up all kinds of divine appointments for us to be able to minister HIS love to others.  Sometimes, we don't realize He has done it, but if we are always careful to keep our hearts pure in devotion to Him, we will reach out seemingly naturally.  If it's in our hearts and we are flowing over with love and devotion to our Lord, we can't help but release the Kingdom of God to them.  We are fountains of LIVING WATER meant to be placed in the DRY PLACES so that thirsty people can get a drink.  So, recently, my husband felt a knudge to go visit with a fellow brother in his church with a congregation of about 20 people or so.  I really didn't want to miss my church this Sunday since I knew our pastor was doing a sermon on the Kingdom of God, so I said (begrudgingly and very whiney I hate to admit) "Oh man, ok if we need to go there, we will go." We got up that Sunday morning and secretly, I was hoping that the Lord would give us an out and let us go to our own church, but nope.  Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband that doesn't listen to my "flesh" crying out and knows that when the spirit is leading, we go regardless of what our "flesh" wants to do in these cases.  We went! We got there and it didn't take very long to see that God had been in control the whole time! God orchestrates our footsteps and we may not always get 3 signs and a lightening bolt from Heaven to confirm which direction to go, but HE is faithful and blesses our work when it is our delight to do HIS WILL.  He is so amazing.  He knows exactly who we are going to come into contact with and has already made the paths straight.  Our job is to "seek first the Kingdom of God"!  He has a plan and we need to be willing to lay down our lives and give them to Him.  The old song goes "I have decided to follow Jesus, I have decided to follow Jesus, No turning back, NO turning back.  Though none go with me, still I will follow........"  I love that!! Have you decided?  I have been in all kinds of places from totally disobedient when I didn't know it was him talking to me, to unknowingly disobedient to totally obedient with a grudge and total obedience with a merry heart.  I have to say I was much happier and saw so much more fruit when I obeyed with a merry heart, but that doesn't always happen in me.  I am growing though.  I don't murmur and complain like I used to do.  Now, it just takes thoughts usually.  As soon as I know that it's Him saying it, I am usually very quick to obey.  It shouldn't take Him telling me specifically.  I need to stay crucified and continually "live in the spirit"  Anyway,  I want to say that this day that we went to this church, the Lord moved and we saw some blessings out of it.  Go out and follow your daddy today!!!! He has big plans for you!!!! He will lead your steps even if you don't know it yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment