Saturday, April 28, 2012

Am I Ruined for the Ordinary (from 2/2012)

God always has a way of blowing my mind. Recently we read the book "Radical" by David Platt. The book has blown Our minds. Ever since the Lord got my attention back in 2000, I thought I was radical. However, since reading this book I have realized that I had a lot to learn. I have never had to walk barefoot 5 miles in the dark while hiding my Bible on my person just to meet with a group of 40 men in women dying to hear the word of God. How many of us are that hungry? Are we hungry enough to sit through long sermons? Are we hungry enough to read the Bible for hours a day? Are we hungry enough to sacrifice things that we hold dear? The more I get to know Him the more I get hungry for him. Nothing else will satisfy like Jesus. recently, I've been trying to learn more about the struggle inside us between sin and flesh and walking after the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment