Friday, October 28, 2011

Ever felt that you had been drug into a mess by the Lord?

I am reading Job this morning and I got to this part: (Job speaking to his friend)

5 Why do you insist on putting me down, using my troubles as a stick to beat me?6 Tell it to God-he's the one behind all this, he's the one who dragged me into this mess.

Once Job had been struck, all of the junk that had been hidden deep down came out of his mouth.  He was still a man of God and yet he blamed God for all of this "mess".  Don't we all do that from time to time? Of course, He is almighty and knows how we are going to react in everything, so it's hard not to see it this way.  HOWEVER, I would love to suggest this.  JOB didn't have the Holy Spirit living in him.  We get to rely on the power of the Holy Spirit to carry us in the midst of our crises'. I am by no means an expert in this area.  In fact, I feel like the more I learn, the LESS I know and that's OK..... I don't have to be the smartest, or the most knowledgable.  I just want to seek His face in the midst of the trials and then turn around and USE them to help others.  I want to walk out my identity in Jesus Christ and be all that HE has called me to be.  I want the death of the apostles and many others that have died for me to have the freedom not to be in vain.  So, as I step out of the boat and try to excercise my faith muscles, I pray that I walk in the power of the Holy Spirit and NOT MY OWN STRENGTH.  We have a purpose in this life to bring healing, JOY, PEACE, and all that the Kingdom of God has to offer others.  Keep pressing on and realize that even though God is allowing some of this pain that you are going through, it is an opportunity for you to get out of the boat and exercise your FAITH muscles!!! I am just learning to exercise my physical body, and I am having to strengthen my spiritual muscles.  I have not arrived by any means, but I shall forget what is behind and press forward to the calling that HE HAS LAID OUT FOR ME!  Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment