Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Leaky Vessels?

So, lately I have been thinking about how we have heard it said that we leak and need to be filled and filled and filled right?  Well, it has got me to thinking about how we DON'T leak the Holy Spirit out of us once we have Him right? So what do we need to get filled with?  The Holy Spirit is a person and you either have Him and His infilling or you don't right? So, I have to LOVE Amy O for giving me an analogy the other night that just goes along with so many things that He has been showing me.  She gave me and example of a plant that she has and the water has gotten stagnant because there is no outflow of water coming from the plant.  So, when I think of the "Rivers of Living Water" and how they are in us and flow from us if we believe (John 7:38), what happens if they are not flowing from us.  The water flow stops and we become stagnant.  So, I guess instead of seeing the infilling of the Holy Spirit as a RE-FILLING with what is already there, don't we need to see it as something that needs to be STIRRED up within us (2 Timothy 1:6,7).  He places the fire within us when He comes to indwell in us and we are to keep it stirred up. 
He tells us to sing to one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs (Eph 5:19).  When we speak His praises, we join the heavenly choir that is singing at all times.  Even the creation praises HIM (Isaiah 55:12, 1 Chronicles 16:29-30, Psalm 66, and many more) There is nothing greater than to sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with all of creation to the Lord of Lords who has made us all!!! He is Worthy to be praised!  There is no greater God!!! When we begin to sing praises to Him, our rivers down in our belly are stirred up and before you know it, we are in the spirit and will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).  Seriously, I don't think it would be possible to be "sinning" while in this place.  Now, I am no theologian by any means.  I know things that the Lord has revealed to me, but I don't even speak them very eloquently, but one thing I do KNOW that I KNOW that I KNOW is that my daddy would not tell me to do something without equipping me to do it.  He tells me to "go and SIN no more" so then HE EQUIPS me to be able to do this.  I CAN NOT DO THIS IN MY FLESH, it must be IN MY SPIRIT that it is even possible.  If I walk in the spirit, I will not fulfill the lusts of this flesh.  When I get my self out of walking in the spirit, that is when I make dangerous mistakes right?  So, I will sing praises to the Lord as much as possible so that I might not stumble as much.  When I walk after this flesh, it is not pleasing to the Lord and I really mess up things, but when I walk after the spirit, there is joy, and peace, and much LOVE coming from me and all the other fruits of the spirit (Galatians 5:22). I can NOT conquer the things that He has called me to conquer in my life if I don't walk in this place.
Some of yall have known me long enough to know that I have always had extra weight.  I have never been a small person, but last year around this time, I had a worship experience that changed the way I eat and see food.  I realized this very principal of walking after the spirit and not after the flesh.  I realized that if I was in deep worship of the Lord, that I no longer craved food.  I was satisfied IN HIM.  So, as I had more worship time with Him (a couple hours in church a week is not enough!!!!)  I began to eat less and less.  When I went to Brazil on a mission trip in June, I had a "word" about my weight and I believed that I was healed and restored.  As I began to thank the Lord for my healing and praise Him for all that He was helping me with, the weight has been coming off.  It's a process, but it's not a struggle like it once was.  I have lost 40 lbs so far, and I am curious to see how much ends up coming off.  IT IS POSSIBLE WITH GOD!!!

Now, these things are explained in the Word of God, but can't always be explained in our minds because God has a way of blowing our minds.  I am SO OK with that because I know that His Gospel isn't preached with eloquence always, but it ALWAYS has POWER to CHANGE LIVES!!! Today, I want to encourage you to get in the secret place with God and sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs and walk in the spirit.  REFUSE to walk after the flesh. All it wants is comfort and security and warmth and (me, me, me)  All of that is overrated anyway right? haha.... Let's step out of the boat where it isn't always comfortable and let the River's of Living Water flow out of YOU today!!!  There are so many in the Church waiting for the Holy Spirit to FALL ON THEM!!! He came down over 2,000 years ago and HE DWELLS IN BELIEVERS!!! He flows FROM US!!  Let the Holy Spirit flow and see God work MIRACLES for people today.  If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, YOU HAVE THE POWER OF GOD INSIDE OF YOU! YOU SHALL LAY HANDS ON THE SICK AND THEY SHALL RECOVER (MARK 16:18)  Go and preach the gospel of the Kingdom wherever you are.  Do it all for the Glory of the Lord!!!! Be blessed today and bless others!!

No comments:

Post a Comment