Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Renew your vows....

I have been getting a little tired lately and realized I hadn't spent enough time just sitting with the Lord.  I have been soaking His word in, but failed to soak in HIS presence. 

I just wanted to share this morning's excerpt from "Come Away My Beloved" by Frances Roberts

At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.  He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I willl love him and manifest Myself to him" John 14:20-21

There is a day coming when you will say, "I have waited in vain for the Lord."  You will wait for Me to speak, and you will hear only the whistling of the wind.  But I tell you now, I am never silent; you are deaf.  I am always speaking; but I do not find your ear attuned to listen. 
You will sit alone in a desolate place and grieve in your loneliness; but it will not be that I have left you, but that you have become insinsitive to My presence.  Yes, if you ignore My personal nearness and fellowship and if you do not return My overtures, your perceptions will become dull, you will not be able to discern Me even though I am neaar at hand--even thoug My love for you is still as strong as before.  Do not be lukewarm, lest you be among those who are cast out of My fellowship. "How shall we escape, " it is written, "if we neglect so great a salvation?" (Hebrews 2:3).  But I ask you now: How will you survive in your private walk in the Spirit if you pay but faint heed to My nearness and do not respond in kind to the affection I offer you?
You will not be able to meet the needs of others with anything short of this.  There is no cure for the ills of humankind but what is contained in the love of God.  You cannot give to them until after you have taken it from Me.
"I will not leave you orphans" (John 14:18).  It is the intention of My heart to fellowship with you closely, I am turned away by your unresponsiveness; by your preoccupation with things and with people; by your thoughtlessness and indifferenece.
Some have lost Me by the sin of rebellion; but I warn you that you may lose Me by the subtle way of simple inattention.  Confess your coldness, and draw near to Me; and I will make My personal presence real to you again.  I will hold you close to My heart, and you will hear My voice.
Renew your vows and I will revive your minstry.  There is a life ahead for you into which you could not have enetered before.  There is a work ready for you, and I have prepared you for it.  It is too wonderful to miss.  It will be silent but powerful.
I will cause the veil to drop, and you will enter a new area of experience.  You will be given knowledge in My Spirit that is not to be found in books.  I will share with you  My thoughts, and who can tell the sum of them?  YOU will partake the Mind of Christ and of the Holy Spirit of God.  his eyes go throughout the whole earth seeking out the thoughts and intents of the hearts of men.
You will serve Me in ways you have never heard of before.  It is My work.  I have laid it out for you.  Keep clear of man's work.  Stay free to do MINE.  You will not miss it if you keep close to Me and stay sensitive to My Spirit.
No one else can do what I have reserved for you; and be very sure that if you fail., it will remain undone.  Crucify the flesh, and let the Spirit thrive.  Redeem the time, for surely these days abound with evil. 
BLESS ME. I WILL BLESS YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment