Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What is YOUR mind sowing?

Yesterday the Lord showed me Moses being a leader that never dealt with His anger and it caused HIM not to be able to enter into the Promised Land.  It caused Him to be disobedient to the Lord and therefore He worked towards that goal and never got there because He never dealt with His anger.  This was tough for me because I struggle with this.  As I was seeking Him, I just became so remorseful that I have had any anger at all and asked Him to reveal His truth to me.  I want to be totally set free from anything that would hinder my growth as I enter into this “NEW YEAR”  He told me that I had gotten angry with Him before my ex-husband left home and I had never truly repented for that.  It caused bitterness to form in my soul and I haven’t walked in freedom from that since the day I became angry.  So, yesterday, with much weeping and repentance, I laid it down and asked for HIS restoration.  I am on the upward climb now and this morning, this was my devotional.  I must repent that I have blabbed too quickly trying to help other people come out of the pits when I myself hadn’t totally gotten out of the pit myself.  Now, He has still allowed me to see people rescued, but now, HE IS RESTORING ME. I am so thankful that the Holy Spirit is shining a light on this one! He is so faithful.  I encourage all of you to look at your own hearts today and seek Him about anything that might be hidden in your hearts that you don’t realize and take the time with Jesus today to truly REPENT (regret the Sin) and He can bring Rivers of Living water to refresh your souls today.  May the Lord bless you all and keep you today!!!

He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully…He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness.  2 Corinthians 9:6, 10

How can I give you healing for your body while there is anxiety in your mind?  So long as there is disease in your thoughts, there will be disease in your body.  You need many things, but one thing in particular you must develop for your own preservation and that is an absolute confidence in My loving care.
It is written, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28). Only when your mind is at rest can your body build health.  Worry is an actively destructive force.  Anxiety produces tension, and tension is the road to pain.  Fear is devastating to the physical well-being of the body.  Anger throws poison into the system that no antibiotic can ever counteract.
“Be sure your sin will find you out”, the Bible states (Numbers 32:23).  One of the most common ways that hidden sin is revealed is through the maladies of the body.  Resentments and ill will bring about more arthritis than is caused by wrong diet.  More asthma is caused by repressed fury than by pollen or cat fur.
There was no illness in the body of Jesus because there was no sin in His soul.  There was weariness as a natural result of labor and sacrificial service, but there was no undue fatigue and exhaustion brought on by anxiety.
Ten minutes of unbridled temper can waste enough strength to do a half day of wholesome work.  Your physical energy is a gift from God, entrusted to you to be employed for His glory.  It is a sin to take His gift and dissipate it through the trap doors of the disposition’s evil emotions.
Do not condemn others for jeopardizing their health by harmful habits and wasting their energies on vain pursuits while you undermine your health by unworthy emotions.  You waste time by entertaining such things as self-pity and remorse and evil surmising when you might be keeping your mind in an attitude of praise and faith.  Your mind could be constructively employed, but instead you allow this to be a period of destructive action.
You cannot risk giving your thoughts free rein.  They will never choose the right path until you bridle them and control them by your own disciplined will.  You are master of your own house.  You do not have to invite into your mind the foul birds of evil thoughts and allow them to nest there and bring forth their young.
Whatsoever you sow in your secret thought life, that you will reap.  Sow love and kindness, and you shall be rewarded openly.  Sow charity and forgiveness, and you shall reap in kind.  Sow generosity and gratitude, and you shall never feel poor.  Sow hope, and you shall reap fulfillment.  Sow praise, and you shall reap joy and well-being and a strong faith.  Sow bountifully, and you shall reap bountifully.  Sow! You shall see your seed and be satisfied.


I don’t know about yall, but I myself am going to be more disciplined in my thoughts.  I know we aren’t perfect, but if we sow enough God thoughts, then when the enemy comes in and sneaks one of His in, we won’t be devastated because we have enough faith built up to quench the dart. This is a huge area of bondage to MOST Christians at some point in their walk.  Have you got to the other side of this?  If you have, Please give me some encouragement.  I know God is doing mighty things.  I want to hear from you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment