Saturday, September 17, 2011

Trying to keep our eyes on Jesus

Today was a tough day.  It could have been a lot worse. It could have been my child that was gone.  This morning I was startled first thing to learn that people had been texting us all night to let us know that one of my best friends lost her son last night.  This boy just turned 18 shortly before summertime. I immediately got dressed and drove quickly to her.  As we laid there, I wanted to do the best thing I knew to do and that was get some worship music playing and pray for peace that passes all understanding.  Often times today, I felt useless.  All I could do was stroke her hair and love on her the best I knew how, but one thing that I know is that if I could just talk about how faithful God has been during this, then maybe if she can see God's face while going through, then she will be OK.  It's so extremely painful to watch her agonize because her baby isn't coming home. I wanted to take her pain for her, and for some part, I wonder if us grieving with her helps her bear the load or not.  She is one of my dearest friends and all I could do was sit there today.  I pray that if I am ever faced with tragedy that I have friends that will help me keep my focus on Jesus in the midst of the pain. I pray that this helps her in the midst of this tragedy. She is a mighty woman of God and I don't want to imagine what my life would have been had she never entered it.  I am truly blessed to call her my friend and I am so thankful for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment